Senior Living in 18325 (Canadensis, PA)
- 18325 scores the same as the Canadensis, PA average of 74.
- 18325 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18325 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Woodview Terrace Personal Care, Briarwood Manor Personal Care Home, and Milford Manor.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Skytop Lodge, Skytop Lodge, and Red/White Course at Buck Hill Falls Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Otter Lake Camp Resort, Delaware State Forest, and Promised Land State Park.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Heinz H, Mountainhome United Mthdst Chr, and Linders Robert H.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.65% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,167, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,000, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,771, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.67%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 18325 has a very sparse population density of 57.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.66%.