Senior Living in 18331 (Gilbert, PA)
- 18331 scores the same as the Gilbert, PA average of 74.
- 18331 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18331 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookmont Healthcare Center, Weston Senior Living Center at Brodheadsville, and Wesley Enhanced Living at Chestnuthill Manor.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Hideaway Hills Golf Club, Indian Mountain Golf Course, and Woodstone Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Silver Valley Campsite, The Woods Campground, and Beltzville State Park.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Christ Church Little Moore, Hope United Church of Christ, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,042, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $33,839, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,167, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 20.39%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18331 has a sparse population density of 253.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.79%.