Senior Living in 18334 (Long Pond, PA)
- 18334 scores the same as the Long Pond, PA average of 65.
- 18334 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18334 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Weston Senior Living Center at Hillcrest, Wesley Enhanced Living at Chestnuthill Manor, and Weston Senior Living Center at Brodheadsville.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including North Course at Resort at Split Rock, The, Timber Trails Golf Club, and Mount Pocono Public Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Big Pocono State Park, Scotrun RV Resort, and Silver Valley Campsite.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, Kees Gail H, and Smith J Christoph.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,680, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,241, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,513, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 22.66%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18334 has a sparse population density of 190.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.00%.