Senior Living in 18335 (Marshalls Creek, PA)
- 18335 scores the same as the Marshalls Creek, PA average of 80.
- 18335 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18335 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Pocono Medical Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Milford Manor, Shawnee Ridge, and Penn Estates Home Owners Association.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Terra Greens Golf Course, Blue/Red Course at Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort, and Evergreen Park Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Mountain Vista Campground, Otter Lake Camp Resort, and Tannersville Cranberry Bog Preserve.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Felske Trissel L, Linders Robert H, and Heinz H.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,742, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,500, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,087, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18335 has an average population density of 748.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.39%.