Senior Living in 18336 (Matamoras, PA)
- 18336 scores the same as the Matamoras, PA average of 76.
- 18336 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18336 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bon Secours Community Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including St. Joseph\'s Place, Reve Belle Senior Living Center, and Belle Reve Senior Living.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Par 3 Course at Eddy Farm Hotel & Resort, Highpoint Golf Club, and Rock View Public Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Tri-State RV Park, Rockview Valley Campground, and High Point State Park.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including New Life Christian Day School, St Joseph\'s Rectory, and St Peter\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.65% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,072, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,201, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,972, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.97%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 18336 has a sparse population density of 292.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.65%.