Senior Living in 18343 (Mount Bethel, PA)
- 18343 scores the same as the Mount Bethel, PA average of 71.
- 18343 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18343 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Clover Rest Home, The Chelsea at Brookfield, and Slate Belt Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Apple Mountain Golf & Country Club, Glenwood Golf Course, and Water Gap Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Weona Park, Worthington State Forest, and Pocono Vacation Park.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including Christ Evangelical Lutheran, Mackey Memorial Baptist Church, and Our Lady of Mt Carmel.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,981, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,924, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,398, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.44%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18343 has a sparse population density of 179.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.73%.