Senior Living in 18346 (Pocono Summit, PA)
- 18346 scores the same as the Pocono Summit, PA average of 64.
- 18346 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18346 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Woodview Terrace Personal Care, Briarwood Manor Personal Care Home, and Penn Estates Home Owners Association.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Mount Airy Golf Club, Mount Pocono Public Golf Course, and Timber Trails Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Gouldsboro State Park, Tobyhanna State Park, and Scotrun RV Resort.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, Felske Trissel L, and Heinz H.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,303, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,250, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,622, which is in the top 78% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.17%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18346 has a sparse population density of 268.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.67%.