Senior Living in 18347 (Pocono Lake, PA)
- 18347 scores the same as the Pocono Lake, PA average of 62.
- 18347 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18347 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Ida P Weitz Boarding Home).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Timber Trails Golf Club, North Course at Resort at Split Rock, The, and Thornhurst Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Gouldsboro State Park)..
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, St Peter the Fisherman Church, and St Patrick\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,332, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,477, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,970, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.24%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18347 has a sparse population density of 124.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.42%.