Senior Living in 18353 (Saylorsburg, PA)
- 18353 scores the same as the Saylorsburg, PA average of 70.
- 18353 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18353 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Weston Senior Living Center at Brodheadsville, Wesley Enhanced Living at Chestnuthill Manor, and Brookmont Healthcare Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Glen Brook Country Club, Cherry Valley Golf Course, and Indian Mountain Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Silver Valley Campsite, Weona Park, and Jacobsburg State Park.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Hope United Church of Christ, and St Roch\'s Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,521, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,114, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,441, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.45%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18353 has a sparse population density of 271.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.73%.