Senior Living in 18354 (Sciota, PA)
- 18354 scores the same as the Sciota, PA average of 82.
- 18354 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18354 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Pocono Medical Center).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Pleasant Valley Manor, Gluco Lodge, and Weston Senior Living Center at Hillcrest.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Cherry Valley Golf Course, Glen Brook Country Club, and Water Gap Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Silver Valley Campsite, Pocono Vacation Park, and Weona Park.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Smith J Christoph, Kees Gail H, and St Peters Evangelical Lutheran.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,004, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,914, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,743, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.84%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18354 has a sparse population density of 280.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.80%.