Senior Living in 18357 (Skytop, PA)
- 18357 scores the same as the Skytop, PA average of 73.
- 18357 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18357 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Woodview Terrace Personal Care, Briarwood Manor Personal Care Home, and Penn Estates Home Owners Association.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (46% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Skytop Lodge, Skytop Lodge, and Pine Hollow Golf Center.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Promised Land State Park, Delaware State Forest, and Otter Lake Camp Resort.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Linders Robert H, Heinz H, and Mountainhome United Mthdst Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,011, which is in the top 86% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18357 has a very sparse population density of 26.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 34.83%.