Senior Living in 18371 (Tamiment, PA)
- 18371 scores the same as the Tamiment, PA average of 75.
- 18371 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18371 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Milford Manor, Shawnee Ridge, and Golden LivingCenter - Stroud.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Tamiment Resort & Conference Center, Fernwood Hotel & Resort, and Terra Greens Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Bushkill Falls, Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, and YMCA Camp Mason.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Bilyk Marcia K, First United Methodist Church, and First Presbyterian Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.65% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,436, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,868, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,101, which is in the top 64% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.37%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 18371 has a sparse population density of 211.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.31%.