Senior Living in 18405 (Beach Lake, PA)
- 18405 scores the same as the Beach Lake, PA average of 71.
- 18405 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18405 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Wayne Memorial Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Ellen Memorial Health Care Center and Bethany Village)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Honesdale Golf Club, Lords Valley Country Club, and Woodloch Springs Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River and Kittatinny Campgrounds & Barryville Base).
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Rhine Douglas L, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and Abraham House.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,103, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,370, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,303, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.24%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18405 has a very sparse population density of 69.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.95%.