Senior Living in 18407 (Carbondale, PA)
- 18407 scores the same as the Carbondale, PA average of 67.
- 18407 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18407 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Marian Community Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, Carbondale Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Forest City Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Elkview Country Club, Scottish Glen Golf Course, and Skyline Public Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Archbald Pothole State Park and Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort).
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Berean Baptist Church, St Rose Church, and Carbondale First United Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,698, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,100, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,885, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.98%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18407 has a sparse population density of 331.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.54%.