Senior Living in 18415 (Damascus, PA)
- 18415 scores the same as the Damascus, PA average of 68.
- 18415 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18415 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Wayne Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Jeffersonville Adult Home, Bethany Village, and Ellen Memorial Health Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Villa Roma Resort, Honesdale Golf Club, and Hancock Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Stone Arch Bridge Historical Park, Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River, and Camp Lohikan.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Acts 1:8 Church, O\'Rourke James, and Abraham House.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,033, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,011, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,056, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.40%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18415 has a very sparse population density of 37.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.14%.