Senior Living in 18419 (Factoryville, PA)
- 18419 scores the same as the Factoryville, PA average of 76.
- 18419 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18419 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mercy Tyler Hospital and Clarks Summit State Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Lithia Valley Manor, Fatima Renewal Center, and Samuel J Bailey Apartments.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Stone Hedge Country Club, Scranton Canoe Club, and Lakeland Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Lackawanna State Park, Cozy Creek Family Campground, and Shore Forest Campground.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Factoryville United Mthdst Chr, Factoryville United Methodist, and Nicholson United Methodist Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,619, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,733, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,344, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.77%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18419 has a sparse population density of 119.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.35%.