Senior Living in 18424 (Gouldsboro, PA)
- 18424 scores the same as the Gouldsboro, PA average of 74.
- 18424 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18424 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Ida P Weitz Boarding Home, Saint Mary\'s Villa Campus, and St Mary\'s Villa Residence.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Thornhurst Country Club, East Course at Pocono Manor Inn & Golf Resort, and Elmhurst Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Gouldsboro State Park, Pocono Lake Preserve, and Tobyhanna State Park.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Spring Brook Cong Church, Moscow United Methodist Church, and St Catherine\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,991, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,613, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,213, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.67%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18424 has a very sparse population density of 68.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.38%.