Senior Living in 18427 (Hamlin, PA)
- 18427 scores the same as the Hamlin, PA average of 72.
- 18427 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18427 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Julia Ribaudo Extended Care Center, Briarwood Manor Personal Care Home, and Woodview Terrace Personal Care.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Marjon Golf Course, Hideout, The, and Jerry Parker Scranton Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lacawac Sanctuary, Clayton Park Recreational Area, and Varden Conservation Area.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Hemlock Grove Methodist Church, Paupack United Methodist Chr, and St Veronica\'s Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,534, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,855, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $12,920, which is in the top 96% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18427 has a sparse population density of 173.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.47%.