Senior Living in 18431 (Honesdale, PA)
- 18431 scores the same as the Honesdale, PA average of 69.
- 18431 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18431 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Wayne Memorial Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Bethany Village, Ellen Memorial Health Care Center, and Wayne Woodlands Manor.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Honesdale Golf Club, Woodloch Springs Country Club, and Lords Valley Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Prompton State Park, Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort, and Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Trees Glenn O, Abraham House, and Abundant Life Fellowship Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,353, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,937, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,016, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.17%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18431 has a very sparse population density of 94.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.31%.