Senior Living in 18435 (Lackawaxen, PA)
- 18435 scores the same as the Lackawaxen, PA average of 73.
- 18435 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18435 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Twin Cedar\'s Senior Living, Belle Reve Senior Living, and Reve Belle Senior Living Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Cliff Park Inn & Golf Course, Lords Valley Country Club, and Woodloch Springs Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Kittatinny Campgrounds & Barryville Base, Camp Simcha, and Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including St Anthony\'s Church, St Ann\'s Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.65% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,654, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $28,750, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,249, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.91%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 18435 has a very sparse population density of 80.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.