Senior Living in 18438 (Lakeville, PA)
- 18438 scores the same as the Lakeville, PA average of 74.
- 18438 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18438 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Julia Ribaudo Extended Care Center, Briarwood Manor Personal Care Home, and Ellen Memorial Health Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (49% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Woodloch Springs Country Club, Forest Lake Club, and Lords Valley Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lacawac Sanctuary, Varden Conservation Area, and Promised Land State Park.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Paupack United Methodist Chr, St Veronica\'s Church, and Hemlock Grove Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $116,892, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,833, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,008, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.51%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18438 has a sparse population density of 159.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.95%.