Senior Living in 18439 (Lakewood, PA)
- 18439 scores the same as the Lakewood, PA average of 64.
- 18439 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18439 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Forest City Nursing and Rehab Center and Barnes-Kasson County Hospital)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Lake Lorain Golf Club, Hancock Golf & Country Club, and Panorama Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Camp Lohikan and Delaware River Club Fly Fishing Resort).
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,768, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,500, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,187, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.28%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18439 has a very sparse population density of 16.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.52%.