Senior Living in 18445 (Newfoundland, PA)
- 18445 scores the same as the Newfoundland, PA average of 69.
- 18445 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18445 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Briarwood Manor Personal Care Home, Woodview Terrace Personal Care, and Julia Ribaudo Extended Care Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Newfoundland Golf Course, Paupack Hills Golf & Country Club, and Pocono Farms Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Pocono Lake Preserve, Tobyhanna State Park, and Lacawac Sanctuary.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Hemlock Grove Methodist Church, Paupack United Methodist Chr, and Moscow United Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,614, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,750, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,090, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.09%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18445 has a very sparse population density of 63.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.59%.