Senior Living in 18446 (Nicholson, PA)
- 18446 scores the same as the Nicholson, PA average of 73.
- 18446 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18446 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mercy Tyler Hospital and Marian Community Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Samuel J Bailey Apartments, Lithia Valley Manor, and Dotti Lou Personal Care Home.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Stone Hedge Country Club, Scranton Canoe Club, and Lakeland Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Shore Forest Campground, Lackawanna State Park, and Shady Rest Campground.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Nicholson United Methodist Chr, St Patrick\'s Church, and Factoryville United Methodist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,021, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,226, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,350, which is in the top 62% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.02%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18446 has a very sparse population density of 73.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.86%.