Senior Living in 18447 (Olyphant, PA)
- 18447 scores the same as the Olyphant, PA average of 82.
- 18447 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18447 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Mid-valley Hospital, Allied Servs Rehab Hospital, and Community Medical Center.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Lackawanna Health and Rehab Center, Elmcroft of Mid Valley, and Mid-Valley Health Care Center.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 47 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 162 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Wemberly Hills Golf Course, Skyline Public Golf Course, and North Course at Country Club of Scranton, The.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Archbald Pothole State Park, Lackawanna State Park, and Nay Aug Park.
- There are 68 churches nearby, including Assembly of God Church, St Mary\'s Church, and Moosic Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,443, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,040, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,460, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.56%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18447 has an average population density of 514.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.54%.