Senior Living in 18455 (Preston Park, PA)
- 18455 scores the same as the Preston Park, PA average of 73.
- 18455 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18455 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Barnes-kasson County Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Barnes-Kasson County Hospital).
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Lake Lorain Golf Club, Hancock Golf & Country Club, and Executive Course at Scott\'s Oquaga Golf Courses.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Camp Lohikan, Delaware River Club Fly Fishing Resort, and Cat Hollow State Forest.
- There is 1 church nearby (All Saints Orthodox Church)..
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,335, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,125, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,566, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18455 has a very sparse population density of 23.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.