Senior Living in 18456 (Prompton, PA)
- 18456 scores the same as the Prompton, PA average of 83.
- 18456 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18456 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Wayne Memorial Hospital and Marian Community Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Wayne Woodlands Manor, Bethany Village, and Ellen Memorial Health Care Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Honesdale Golf Club, Red Maples Golf Course, and Panorama Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Prompton State Park, Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort, and Varden Conservation Area.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Aldenville-clinton Baptist Chr, Abundant Life Fellowship Chr, and Trees Glenn O.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,032, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,313, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,377, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.88%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18456 has a very sparse population density of 89.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 89.03%.