Senior Living in 18461 (Starlight, PA)
- 18461 scores the same as the Starlight, PA average of 69.
- 18461 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18461 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Barnes-kasson County Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Barnes-Kasson County Hospital).
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Hancock Golf & Country Club, Lake Lorain Golf Club, and Executive Course at Scott\'s Oquaga Golf Courses.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Delaware River Club Fly Fishing Resort, Camp Lohikan, and Cat Hollow State Forest.
- There are 2 churches nearby (All Saints Orthodox Church and Albee Keith Rev).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,418, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,818, which is in the top 88% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,916, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 21.28%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18461 has a very sparse population density of 18.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.24%.