Senior Living in 18462 (Starrucca, PA)
- 18462 scores the same as the Starrucca, PA average of 66.
- 18462 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18462 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Barnes-kasson County Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Barnes-Kasson County Hospital).
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Lake Lorain Golf Club, Executive Course at Scott\'s Oquaga Golf Courses, and Hancock Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Delaware River Club Fly Fishing Resort, Cat Hollow State Forest, and Camp Lohikan.
- There are 2 churches nearby (All Saints Orthodox Church and Albee Keith Rev).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,468, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,125, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,959, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.76%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18462 has a very sparse population density of 15.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.03%.