Senior Living in 18464 (Tafton, PA)
- 18464 scores the same as the Tafton, PA average of 74.
- 18464 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18464 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Briarwood Manor Personal Care Home, Julia Ribaudo Extended Care Center, and Twin Cedar\'s Senior Living.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Lords Valley Country Club, Woodloch Springs Country Club, and Forest Lake Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Lacawac Sanctuary, Promised Land State Park, and Delaware State Forest.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Paupack United Methodist Chr, St Veronica\'s Church, and Hemlock Grove Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.65% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,112, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,667, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,513, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.02%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 18464 has a very sparse population density of 99.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.36%.