Senior Living in 18466 (Tobyhanna, PA)
- 18466 scores the same as the Tobyhanna, PA average of 53.
- 18466 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18466 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Woodview Terrace Personal Care and Briarwood Manor Personal Care Home)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Pocono Farms Country Club, Mount Airy Golf Club, and Mount Pocono Public Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Tobyhanna State Park, Gouldsboro State Park, and Pocono Lake Preserve.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Linders Robert H, Heinz H, and Mountainhome United Mthdst Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,613, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,153, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,228, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.51%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18466 has a sparse population density of 463.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.42%.