Senior Living in 18469 (Tyler Hill, PA)
- 18469 scores the same as the Tyler Hill, PA average of 72.
- 18469 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18469 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Wayne Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Bethany Village, Ellen Memorial Health Care Center, and Jeffersonville Adult Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Villa Roma Resort, Honesdale Golf Club, and Island Glen Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River and Stone Arch Bridge Historical Park).
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Acts 1:8 Church, O\'Rourke James, and Rhine Douglas L.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,982, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,786, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,830, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.47%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18469 has a very sparse population density of 38.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.73%.