Senior Living in 18471 (Waverly, PA)
- 18471 scores the same as the Waverly, PA average of 94.
- 18471 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18471 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Clarks Summit State Hospital, Allied Servs Rehab Hospital, and Mid-valley Hospital.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Elan Gardens, Fatima Renewal Center, and Willowbrook Genesis Healthcare.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 60 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 173 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Summit Hills Golf Club, North Course at Country Club of Scranton, The, and Glen Oak Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lackawanna State Park, Archbald Pothole State Park, and McDade Park.
- There are 74 churches nearby, including Abington Free Methodist Church, Dalton United Methodist Church, and Church of St Benedict.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $138,367, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $137,614, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,803, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18471 has a sparse population density of 247.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.