Senior Living in 18472 (Waymart, PA)
- 18472 scores the same as the Waymart, PA average of 68.
- 18472 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18472 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Marian Community Hospital and Wayne Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Wayne Woodlands Manor, Carbondale Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Red Maples Golf Course, Panorama Golf Course, and Scottish Glen Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort, Prompton State Park, and Varden Conservation Area.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Aldenville-clinton Baptist Chr, St Rose Church, and Carbondale First United Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,829, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,040, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,409, which is in the top 88% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.24%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18472 has a sparse population density of 117.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.74%.