Senior Living in 18503 (Scranton, PA)
- 18503 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the highest of any zip code in Scranton, PA.
- 18503 scores higher than the Scranton, PA average of 74.
- 18503 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18503 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Community Medical Center, Moses Taylor Hospital, and Mercy Hospital Scranton.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Gino J. Merli Veterans\' Center, Lutherwood, and Geneva House Apartments.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 156 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (53% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Eighteen Hole Course at Pine Hills Country Club, Glenmaura National Golf Course, and North Course at Country Club of Scranton, The.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Steamtown National Historic Site, Nay Aug Park, and McDade Park.
- There are 69 churches nearby, including St Luke\'s Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Immaculate Conception.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $25,319, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $18,500, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,379, which is in the top 91% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.22%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18503 has a dense population density of 2,552.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 55.54%.