Senior Living in 18504 (Scranton, PA)
- 18504 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Scranton, PA.
- 18504 scores the same as the Scranton, PA average of 74.
- 18504 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18504 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Allied Servs Rehab Hospital, Community Medical Center, and Moses Taylor Hospital.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Angel\'s Family Manor, Gino J. Merli Veterans\' Center, and Allied Sevices Transitional Rehabilitation Unit.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 148 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Eighteen Hole Course at Pine Hills Country Club, Summit Hills Golf Club, and North Course at Country Club of Scranton, The.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including McDade Park, Steamtown National Historic Site, and Nay Aug Park.
- There are 63 churches nearby, including Jackson St Baptist Church, St Ann\'s Monastery Parish, and St Lucy\'s Rectory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,140, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,024, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,143, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.15%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18504 has a dense population density of 2,466.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.03%.