Senior Living in 18505 (Scranton, PA)
- 18505 has a SeniorScore® of 73, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in Scranton, PA.
- 18505 scores lower than the Scranton, PA average of 74.
- 18505 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18505 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Community Medical Center, Moses Taylor Hospital, and Mercy Hospital Scranton.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Keystone Community Resources, Linwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Goodwill Neighborhood Residences.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 142 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Glenmaura National Golf Course, Eighteen Hole Course at Pine Hills Country Club, and East Course at Pocono Manor Inn & Golf Resort.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Nay Aug Park, Steamtown National Historic Site, and McDade Park.
- There are 66 churches nearby, including St Francis Church, St Mary\'s of the Assumption, and Saint Stanislaus Cathedral.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,108, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,920, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,333, which is in the top 62% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.06%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18505 has a dense population density of 2,419.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.34%.