Senior Living in 18519 (Dickson City, PA)
- 18519 scores the same as the Dickson City, PA average of 82.
- 18519 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18519 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Allied Servs Rehab Hospital, Mid-valley Hospital, and Community Medical Center.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including The Gardens of Green Ridge, Green Ridge Care Center, and Holy Family Residence.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 40 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 142 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Summit Hills Golf Club, North Course at Country Club of Scranton, The, and Glen Oak Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Nay Aug Park, Steamtown National Historic Site, and Archbald Pothole State Park.
- There are 60 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Church, Moosic Presbyterian Church, and St Anthony\'s Rectory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,267, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,404, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,637, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.36%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18519 has a dense population density of 2,119.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.89%.