Senior Living in 18602 (Bear Creek, PA)
- 18602 scores the same as the Bear Creek, PA average of 89.
- 18602 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18602 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Hospital Of Wilkes-barre, Wilkes-barre General Hospital, and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Ida P Weitz Boarding Home, Golden LivingCenter - East Mountain, and Timber Ridge Health Care Center.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 146 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (50% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Wilkes-Barre Golf Club, Mountain Laurel Golf Club, and Mountain Laurel Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Seven Tubs Nature Area and Kirby Park).
- There are 60 churches nearby, including St Elizabeth\'s Rectory, Albright United Methodist Chr, and Rectory St Joseph\'s.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $140,099, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $101,528, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $67,156, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.83%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18602 has a sparse population density of 132.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.93%.