Senior Living in 18615 (Falls, PA)
- 18615 scores the same as the Falls, PA average of 84.
- 18615 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18615 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Clarks Summit State Hospital, Mercy Tyler Hospital, and Allied Servs Rehab Hospital.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including Carl F Greenley Personal Care, Clarks Summit Senior Living, and Fatima Renewal Center.
- There are 24 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 122 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Emanon Country Club, Four Seasons Golf Club, and Fox Hill Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Cozy Creek Family Campground, McDade Park, and Frances Slocum State Park.
- There are 59 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, St Mary Church of the Lake, and St Cecilia\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,590, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,148, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,328, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.37%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18615 has a sparse population density of 101.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.27%.