Senior Living in 18617 (Glen Lyon, PA)
- 18617 scores the same as the Glen Lyon, PA average of 66.
- 18617 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18617 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mercy Special Care Hospital and Clear Brook Lodge).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Guardian Elder Care Center, Birchwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Johnson\'s Home For The Aged.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Jean\'s Run Golf Course, Blue Ridge Trail Golf Club, and Wyoming Valley Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Council Cup Campground)..
- There are 26 churches nearby, including St Stanislaus Church Rectory, St Mary\'s Rc Church Rectory, and St Joseph\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $37,091, which is in the top 94% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $30,168, which is in the top 91% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,496, which is in the top 84% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.18%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18617 has a sparse population density of 317.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.23%.