Senior Living in 18619 (Hillsgrove, PA)
- 18619 scores the same as the Hillsgrove, PA average of 69.
- 18619 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18619 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Darway Elder Care and Rehabilitation Center, The Highlands Care Center, and Wolf Run Village.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Eagles Mere Country Club, Williamsport Country Club, and Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Crystal Lake Camps, Loyalsock State Forest, and Worlds End State Park.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Bethany United Methodist Chr, and Christ United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.10% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,345, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,500, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,271, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.28%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18619 has a very sparse population density of 7.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.53%.