Senior Living in 18621 (Hunlock Creek, PA)
- 18621 scores the same as the Hunlock Creek, PA average of 77.
- 18621 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18621 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mercy Special Care Hospital and Clear Brook Lodge).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Fern Wood Manor, Guardian Elder Care Center, and Birchwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Jean\'s Run Golf Course, Huntsville Golf Club, and Farley\'s Sweet Valley Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Kirby Park)..
- There are 44 churches nearby, including Five Mountain United Methodist, Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church, and St Mary\'s Rc Church Rectory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,437, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,274, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,650, which is in the top 72% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.03%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18621 has a sparse population density of 140.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.25%.