Senior Living in 18622 (Huntington Mills, PA)
- 18622 scores the same as the Huntington Mills, PA average of 85.
- 18622 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18622 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Clear Brook Lodge and Berwick Hospital Center).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Bonham Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Berwick Hospital Center, and Fern Wood Manor.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Mill Race Golf & Camping Resort, Willow Run Inn & Golf Course, and Berwick Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Whispering Pines Camping Estates, Mill Race Golf & Camping Resort, and Red Rock Mountain Campground.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Christian Covenant Academy, First United Methodist Church, and Benton Christian Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,963, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,250, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,136, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.57%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18622 has a very sparse population density of 70.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.36%.