Senior Living in 18624 (Lake Harmony, PA)
- 18624 scores the same as the Lake Harmony, PA average of 72.
- 18624 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18624 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Ida P Weitz Boarding Home, Heritage Hill Senior Community, and Weatherwood Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (45% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Mountain Laurel Golf Club, North Course at Resort at Split Rock, The, and Mountain Laurel Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Whitewater Challengers - Lehigh River, Sandy Valley Campground, and The Woods Campground.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including St Peter the Fisherman Church, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and St Patrick\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,993, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,875, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,184, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.86%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18624 has a very sparse population density of 44.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.29%.