Senior Living in 18626 (Laporte, PA)
- 18626 scores the same as the Laporte, PA average of 68.
- 18626 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18626 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (The Highlands Care Center and Darway Elder Care and Rehabilitation Center)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (57% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Eagles Mere Country Club, Mill Race Golf & Camping Resort, and Farley\'s Sweet Valley Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Pioneer Campground, Worlds End State Park, and Crystal Lake Camps.
- There is 1 church nearby (Millview Wesleyan Church)..
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.10% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,819, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,694, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,913, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.48%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 18626 has a very sparse population density of 20.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.72%.