Senior Living in 18628 (Lopez, PA)
- 18628 scores the same as the Lopez, PA average of 73.
- 18628 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18628 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including The Highlands Care Center, Fern Wood Manor, and Star Hill Rest Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (46% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Farley\'s Sweet Valley Golf Course, Mill Race Golf & Camping Resort, and Eagles Mere Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Ricketts Glen State Park, Red Rock Mountain Campground, and Pioneer Campground.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Mehoopany Baptist Church, Millview Wesleyan Church, and Church of Christ.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.10% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $39,411, which is in the top 91% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,028, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,868, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18628 has a very sparse population density of 9.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.53%.