Senior Living in 18630 (Meshoppen, PA)
- 18630 scores the same as the Meshoppen, PA average of 68.
- 18630 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18630 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mercy Tyler Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Anns Grove Personal Care Home, Wyalusing Valley Retirement and Personal Care Home, and Golden LivingCenter - Tunkhannock.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Shadowbrook Inn & Resort, Montrose Club, The, and Scranton Canoe Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Cozy Creek Family Campground)..
- There are 8 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, Braintrim Baptist Church, and Skinners Eddy United Methodist.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,335, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,718, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,931, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.42%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18630 has a very sparse population density of 54.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.61%.