Senior Living in 18634 (Nanticoke, PA)
- 18634 scores the same as the Nanticoke, PA average of 72.
- 18634 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18634 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mercy Special Care Hospital).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Guardian Elder Care Center, Birchwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Hampton House.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Wyoming Valley Country Club, Blue Ridge Trail Golf Club, and Jean\'s Run Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Council Cup Campground and Kirby Park).
- There are 35 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Rc Church Rectory, St Joseph\'s Catholic Church, and St Stanislaus Church Rectory.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,788, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,575, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,715, which is in the top 66% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.38%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18634 has an average population density of 915.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.94%.