Senior Living in 18635 (Nescopeck, PA)
- 18635 scores the same as the Nescopeck, PA average of 73.
- 18635 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18635 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Berwick Hospital Center).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Rosewood Apartments, Berwick Hospital Center, and Elmcroft of Berwick.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Arnold\'s Golf Course, Berwick Golf Club, and Willow Run Inn & Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Council Cup Campground and Moyers Grove Campground).
- There are 23 churches nearby, including St Mark\'s Lutheran Church, Wesley United Methodist Church, and Beach Haven United Methodist.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,595, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,188, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,567, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.29%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18635 has a sparse population density of 101.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.59%.